School Uniform & PE Kit List
All pupils at Boroughbridge High School are responsible for wearing the correct uniform and maintaining the highest possible standards of appearance. The uniform is as follows:-
- Black blazer with school badge
- Plain white shirt with collar
- School tie – Clip-on black with gold stripe
- Plain V-neck black jumper or cardigan (Optional)
- Socks should be black, grey or white. Girls may wear tights of a natural or dark colour
- Black shoes of leather-type material. These should be sensible in style and be safe for wearing in school buildings
- Girls – Black trousers of smart, formal style or approved skirt with school badge from official suppliers below (from summer term 2016)
- Boys – Black trousers of smart, formal style
- Outdoor coat of sensible design and dark colour
- All pupils need a technology apron
- Summer term only – girls optional white short sleeved V neck blouse and boys optional short sleeved white shirt with tie.
- Year 11 students may wear their ‘Leavers' Hoody’ when given permission after a date TBC
For clarification on acceptable styles of uniform please click here.
The following must not be worn:
- Jewellery (pupils may wear one small plain stud per ear)
- Heavy make-up
- Trainers, heavy boots or canvas shoes/pumps
- Items made of denim, cord or leather
- Facial piercings
School uniform should enable all pupils to work at school in a smart, business-like and efficient manner. We ask, therefore, that particular attention be paid to ensure that:
- Shoes are not so high as to cause difficulty in walking or risk of injury
- Hair is of a natural colour and a smart style
If you are in any doubt as to what is acceptable, please contact the school and check.
Some things get lost during the course of a year, so please ensure all items of uniform are clearly marked with child’s name.
Essential Clothing and Footwear – All Pupils (except current Y10 and 11 non-GCSE PE students who only require the polo shirt, shin guards and footwear):
- Boys: Pro-Tec Rugby Shirt - Girls: Cuatro Training Top
- Cuatro Shorts (or Skort for girls)
- Boys: Vapour Polo Shirt - Girls: Haze Polo Shirt
- Plain white ankle socks
- Black/Gold Sports Socks with Lettering
- Trainers (trainers for inside use should be clean and nonmarking)
- Football boots or studded trainers (essential for boys and girls)
- Safety shin guards
- Cuatro Fleece Top, Trinity Track Pants (both Optional)
- Leggings with BHS Lettering for girls (Optional)
- All personal equipment should be clearly named
- Pupils are advised not to bring valuables to PE lessons
- Pupils are advised to hand in valuables to PE staff at the beginning of their lesson as changing rooms are not locked during lessons.
If a pupil is unable to take part in a PE session because of a medical problem, parents should advise the relevant member of the PE staff in writing.
In order for pupils to be able to take part in any extra-curricular activities, parents are required to sign the letter given out with the school handbook giving permission which lasts a year.
Boroughbridge High School Uniform and PE Kit can be bought from all our uniform suppliers:
Our uniform stockists are:-
Rawcliffes Schoolwear Centre, Rawcliffe Corner, East Parade, Harrogate
Smart Start, 3 High Skellgate, Ripon
Broadbank & Empson, 3 Chapel Street, Knaresborough
Ripon Uniform Shop, 64 Blossomgate, Ripon
Kool Kids Uniform Shop, 17 North Street, Wetherby,