Each student will be assigned to a personal tutor whose role is to support and encourage students throughout their journey through Sixth Form. Personal tutors will act as a link between students and subject staff, conduct regular progress interviews to discuss how courses are going. Tutors will work closely with the Head of Sixth Form, Mr. Kennedy and the Sixth Form Support Leader, Mrs Rainbow. The Sixth Form team will ensure students have access to high levels of support in a variety of ways:
- Parents will be regularly involved and informed throughout the year and the Sixth Form Team prides itself in close contact with home.
- A dedicated quiet study area and access to the library
- Dedicated Careers Section in the Study Room providing you with information on progression i.e. UCAS process, apprenticeships, college and university prospectuses.
- Excellent links with employers, universities, colleges and training providers.
- Funding available through the 16-19 Bursary and Learner Support Fund.
- Excellent facilities
- Small subject groups and regular access to specialist subject staff
- There is a Sixth Form common room for when there is the occasional need to relax and socialise!