ICT Acceptable Usage Policy
The purpose of this policy is to promote positive and responsible network and internet behaviour.
Please read carefully and sign at the bottom to show you agree to these terms. If you do not sign this form you will not be able to use the school’s IT systems.
- I understand that the school will monitor my use of the school systems, and that the school can talk to my parents/ carers if they are concerned about my online safety or my behaviour when using school computers.
- I will not share any of my school-related usernames or passwords.
- I will not share personal information about myself or others when online (this includes names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers age, and school details.)
- I will not arrange to meet people off-line that I have communicated with on-line.
- I will immediately report any inappropriate material when I see it on-line.
- I understand that the school systems are intended for educational use and I will not use them for personal use. This includes email, video, messaging, social media, internet, file-saving and printing.
- I will only use my school email address for school related activities.
- I will respect others and will not access, copy, delete or alter any other persons work, without their permission.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission.
- I will only use my own personal devices in school if I have permission. If I do use my own devices in the school, I will use it as if it was a school computer.
- I won’t look for or at inappropriate websites. I will report a website to a teacher if I think it is unsuitable.
- I will not upload or download anything that might upset people online.
- I won’t be involved with cyber-bullying, or make comments online that are untrue, unpleasant or rude about teachers, pupils or the school.
- Images of pupils, staff and the school will only be taken, stored and used for school purposes in line with school policy. Images will not be posted online or in the media without permission.
- I will not look for or use ways to bypass the school filtering or proxy service.
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
- When using the internet for research, I will respect copyright regulations and I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school:
- I understand that if I fail to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy Agreement, I will be subject to disciplinary action. This may loss of access to the school network / internet, detentions, suspensions, contact with parents and in the event of illegal activities involvement of the police.